Type of Personal Data Collected
When you visit our sites or interact with Hutang, we may collect the following information.
- Personal contact information : information that would allow us to contact you personally such as your name, home or mailing address, phone number or email address and background information which may include financial history. In case of Hutang report, it would include such information you give us about someone else.
- Account login information : information provided when you sign-up for account on Hutang.
- Demographic information (eg. date of birth, age, etc.)
- Technical computer information (eg. IP addresses, operating system, web browser type, etc.)
- Website usage information : information about how you use or navigate our websites, applications, online advertisements including which links you click, which pages you view and for how long, and other similar information and/or statistics such as date and time of visit, which site you came from, and site activities).
- Information from verification processes undertaken by us.
- Consumer generated content : This includes information that you create and voluntarily share with us (and perhaps others) by uploading it to one of our websites or applications, including on our social network sites such as but not limited to Facebook or Twitter.
- Social network information : this includes information that is part of your profile on a third party social network (such as but not limited to Facebook) and that you allow the third party social network to share with us;
- Payment information including your credit card details, billing name and address (when you transact with us via Hutang site);
- Sensitive personal information : This includes information about your physical or mental health or your medical condition and your religious beliefs which was gathered with your explicit consent at the point of collection.
- Other information which we might need to collect for a specific campaign, form, feature or other service that you use or request.
Use of Personal Information Collected
We use the information collected mainly to deliver our services
- Identity verification : Please note that when we obtain information from individuals and third parties, we verify the sources and cross-check using various databases including public repositories. Hutang takes appropriate measures to assure the quality of information which we collect or receive from Hutang members;
- Assessing your application;
- Notifying you about information newly captured or processed about you;
- To investigate, respond to, or defend claims made against, or involving Hutang;
- Responding to your enquiries;
- Investigation of complaints and suspicious transactions;
- Research for service or products improvement;
- To notify you about benefits and changes to the features of our Products and/or Services including new products and services;
- General operation and maintenance of the products and/or services provided including accounting (billing and auditing), statistical and marketing analysis, information systems management, system testing, maintenance and development, operational, support, customer surveys, customer relations and to improve and help us in any future dealings with you, for example by identifying your requirements and preferences;
- To provide you with information about third party services and/or products, which may be of interest to or benefit you, except where otherwise requested or notified by you;
- For any other purposes that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
Whenever required by law, we will disclose your information to the government bodies, authorities or third parties pursuant to a subpoena or other legal process accordingly. Further, we may also use or disclose your information as permitted by law to protect the rights or property of Hutang, our customers, our website, or its users. We may also disclose your information, whether in part or in full, to our contracted or authorised companies such as our data processors.
If you choose to register and transact with Hutang, your personal information may be shared where necessary and only on a need to know basis with companies within the Hutang sites, so as to serve you in the most efficient and effective manner.
Hutang may disclose your personal information to the following parties for the purposes stated above :
- Companies and/or organisations that act as our agents, contractors, service providers and/or professional advisers;
- Companies and/or organisations that assists us in processing and/or fulfilling transactions and providing you with products and/or services that you have subscribed or requested;
- Law enforcement agencies;
- Government agencies.
In certain instances, we reserve the right to disclose your personal information to our preferred merchants and strategic partners. We take reasonable steps to ensure that agreements with our merchants and/or strategic partners include appropriate privacy and confidentiality obligations.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have interacted with us, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.